Institute of Hearing Research
into hearing and hearing disorders
Neurophysiology and Histology
Neural Correlates and Computation
Auditory Processing and Encoding
Development and Learning
Impairment and Disability
Auditory Processing Disorder
MRC/CSO IHR -Scottish Section welcomes delegates to this fully subscribed event 13 - 14 October 2014!
At this month's British Society of Audiology Annual Conference, scientists from IHR won three of the poster prizes.
Johanna Barry and Dave Moore recently completed the development of a new questionnaire for support the assessment of children referred for listening difficulties (auditory processing disorder) and it is now available for purchase.
4th November (1 pm) - Talk by Lucy Anderson. Title TBA
- Brimijoin WO, Whitmer WM, McShefferty D, Akeroyd MA "The effect of hearing aid microphone mode on performance in an auditory orienting task." View on PubMed
- Whitmer WM, Seeber BU, Akeroyd MA "The perception of apparent auditory source width in hearing-impaired adults." View on PubMed
- MacPherson A, Akeroyd MA "Variations in the Slope of the Psychometric Functions for Speech Intelligibility: A Systematic Survey." View on PubMed
- Alves-Pinto A, Palmer AR, Lopez-Poveda EA "Perception and coding of high-frequency spectral notches: potential implications for sound localization." View on PubMed
- Schönwiesner M, Dechent P, Voit D, Petkov CI, Krumbholz K "Parcellation of Human and Monkey Core Auditory Cortex with fMRI Pattern Classification and Objective Detection of Tonotopic Gradient Reversals." View on PubMed
- Adjamian P, Hall DA, Palmer AR, Allan TW, Langers DR "Neuroanatomical abnormalities in chronic tinnitus in the human brain." View on PubMed