Institute of Hearing Research
into hearing and hearing disorders
Studentships Available for 2015
Neurophysiology and Histology
Neural Correlates and Computation
Auditory Processing and Encoding
Development and Learning
Impairment and Disability
Auditory Processing Disorder
We are pleased to offer several different PhD projects to start in October 2015.
A new Director has been appointed to run the Medical Research Council’s Institute of Hearing Research (IHR) at The University of Nottingham.
3rd February (1 pm) - Talk by Kenneth Harris. 'Diverse coupling of neurons to populations in sensory cortex'
10th February (1 pm) - Talk by Nick Haywood. Title TBA
- Gilbert HJ, Shackleton TM, Krumbholz K, Palmer AR "The neural substrate for binaural masking level differences in the auditory cortex." View on PubMed
- Jenkins A, Wilkinson JV, Akeroyd MA, Broom MA "Distractions during critical phases of anaesthesia for caesarean section: an observational study." View on PubMed
- Nakamoto KT, Shackleton TM, Magezi DA, Palmer AR "A function for binaural integration in auditory grouping and segregation in the inferior colliculus." View on PubMed
- Gaunt AC, Neumann C, Phillips JS, Swan I "BAHA surgery in England - variation in service provision for adults across Strategic Health Authority regions revealed by the Hospital Episode Statistics database." View on PubMed
- McCormack A, Edmondson-Jones M, Mellor D, Dawes P, Munro KJ, Moore DR, Fortnum H "Association of Dietary Factors with Presence and Severity of Tinnitus in a Middle-Aged UK Population." View on PubMed
- Akeroyd MA "An Overview of the Major Phenomena of the Localization of Sound Sources by Normal-Hearing, Hearing-Impaired, and Aided Listeners." View on PubMed