Institute of Hearing Research
into hearing and hearing disorders
Neurophysiology and Histology
Neural Correlates and Computation
Auditory Processing and Encoding
Development and Learning
Impairment and Disability
Auditory Processing Disorder
Date: Midday Monday to midday Tuesday, October 13th and 14th, 2014.
The Nottingham Clinical Section of the MRC Institute of Hearing Research is looking for participants to help with our research!
We are looking for normally hearing adults who have been referred for Auditory Processing Disorder (APD) to take part in a study looking at how people listen to speech in noise.
- Whitmer WM, Seeber BU, Akeroyd MA "The perception of apparent auditory source width in hearing-impaired adults." View on PubMed
- MacPherson A, Akeroyd MA "Variations in the Slope of the Psychometric Functions for Speech Intelligibility: A Systematic Survey." View on PubMed
- Alves-Pinto A, Palmer AR, Lopez-Poveda EA "Perception and coding of high-frequency spectral notches: potential implications for sound localization." View on PubMed
- Schönwiesner M, Dechent P, Voit D, Petkov CI, Krumbholz K "Parcellation of Human and Monkey Core Auditory Cortex with fMRI Pattern Classification and Objective Detection of Tonotopic Gradient Reversals." View on PubMed
- Adjamian P, Hall DA, Palmer AR, Allan TW, Langers DR "Neuroanatomical abnormalities in chronic tinnitus in the human brain." View on PubMed
- Fletcher MD, Wiggins IM "Can an auditory illusion trick the brain into turning down tinnitus?" View on PubMed
- Ferguson MA, Henshaw H, Clark DPA and Moore DR ") Benefits of auditory training in 50-74 year olds with mild hearing loss" View on PubMed