Institute of Hearing Research
into hearing and hearing disorders
Neurophysiology and Histology
Neural Correlates and Computation
Auditory Processing and Encoding
Development and Learning
Impairment and Disability
Auditory Processing Disorder
Congratulations to Joe Sollini, one of IHR's PhD students, who has recently passed his PhD!
We have placed on our website copies of the 12-question short form of Gatehouse and Noble's Speech, Spatial, and Qualities of Hearing Questionnaire.
The 'Evaluation of Children's Listening and Processing Skills' (ECLiPS) questionnaire has been launched.
10th December () - Talk by Richard Turner. Title TBC
- Wallace MN, Grimsley JM, Anderson L, Palmer AR "Representation of individual elements of a complex call sequence in primary auditory cortex" View on PubMed
- Amitay S, Guiraud J, Sohoglu E, Zobay O, Edmonds BA, Zhang YX, Moore DR "Human decision making based on variations in internal noise: an EEG study." View on PubMed
- Palmer AR, Shackleton TM, Sumner CJ, Zobay O, Rees A "Classification of frequency response areas in the IC reveals continua not discrete classes." View on PubMed
- Whitmer WM, Seeber BU, Akeroyd MA "Measuring the apparent width of auditory sources in normal and impaired hearing." View on PubMed
- Noble W, Jensen NS, Naylor G, Bhullar N, Akeroyd MA "A short form of the Speech, Spatial and Qualities of Hearing scale suitable for clinical use: the SSQ12." View on PubMed
- Sereda M, Adjamian P, Edmondson-Jones M, Palmer AR, Hall DA "Auditory evoked magnetic fields in individuals with tinnitus." View on PubMed
- McShefferty D, Whitmer WM, Swan IR, Akeroyd MA "The effect of experience on the sensitivity and specificity of the whispered voice test: a diagnostic accuracy study." View on PubMed