Institute of Hearing Research
into hearing and hearing disorders
Studentships Available for 2015
Neurophysiology and Histology
Neural Correlates and Computation
Auditory Processing and Encoding
Development and Learning
Impairment and Disability
Auditory Processing Disorder
We are pleased to offer several different PhD projects to start in October 2015.
A new Director has been appointed to run the Medical Research Council’s Institute of Hearing Research (IHR) at The University of Nottingham.
At this month's British Society of Audiology Annual Conference, scientists from IHR won three of the poster prizes.
6th January (1 pm) - Talk by Bob Carlyon. Title TBA
13th January (1 pm) - Talk by Joe Sollini. CANCELLED
- Akeroyd MA "An Overview of the Major Phenomena of the Localization of Sound Sources by Normal-Hearing, Hearing-Impaired, and Aided Listeners." View on PubMed
- Adjamian P "The application of electro- and magneto-encephalography in tinnitus research - methods and interpretations." View on PubMed
- Maidment DW, Kang HJ, Stewart HJ, Amitay S "Audiovisual integration in children listening to spectrally degraded speech." View on PubMed
- Brimijoin WO, Whitmer WM, McShefferty D, Akeroyd MA "The effect of hearing aid microphone mode on performance in an auditory orienting task." View on PubMed
- Barry JG, Weiss B, and Sabisch B "Psychophysical estimates of frequency discrimination: About more than just limitations of auditory processing " View on PubMed