Institute of Hearing Research
into hearing and hearing disorders
Neurophysiology and Histology
Neural Correlates and Computation
Auditory Processing and Encoding
Development and Learning
Impairment and Disability
Auditory Processing Disorder
A new Director has been appointed to run the Medical Research Council’s Institute of Hearing Research (IHR) at The University of Nottingham.
At this month's British Society of Audiology Annual Conference, scientists from IHR won three of the poster prizes.
Johanna Barry and Dave Moore recently completed the development of a new questionnaire for support the assessment of children referred for listening difficulties (auditory processing disorder) and it is now available for purchase.
2nd December (1 pm) - Feel the noise: Exploring variability in the perception of speech and vocalizations
16th December (1 pm) - Talk by Jessica Monaghan. Title TBA
- Maidment DW, Kang HJ, Stewart HJ, Amitay S "Audiovisual integration in children listening to spectrally degraded speech." View on PubMed
- Brimijoin WO, Whitmer WM, McShefferty D, Akeroyd MA "The effect of hearing aid microphone mode on performance in an auditory orienting task." View on PubMed
- Barry JG, Weiss B, and Sabisch B "Psychophysical estimates of frequency discrimination: About more than just limitations of auditory processing " View on PubMed
- Whitmer WM, Seeber BU, Akeroyd MA "The perception of apparent auditory source width in hearing-impaired adults." View on PubMed
- MacPherson A, Akeroyd MA "Variations in the Slope of the Psychometric Functions for Speech Intelligibility: A Systematic Survey." View on PubMed