Institute of Hearing Research
into hearing and hearing disorders
Studentships Available for 2015
Neurophysiology and Histology
Neural Correlates and Computation
Auditory Processing and Encoding
Development and Learning
Impairment and Disability
Auditory Processing Disorder
Information about the Scottish Section Director post is now available.
Congratulations to Mel Ferguson, Helen Henshaw, Daniel Clark of NHBRU and our own David Moore, previous IHR director, on winning the Editors’ Award 2015 from the journal Ear and Hearing.
Following the French health minister’s proposal to place a legal limit on headphone volume and at live concerts in France, amid concern that people are unwittingly damaging their hearing, Dr Mark Porter of the BBC Radio 4 'Inside Health' programme spoke to Dr Michael Akeroyd, Director of IHR's Scottish Section.
28th April (1 pm) - Talk by Tobias Neher. Title TBA
- Banai K, Amitay S "The effects of stimulus variability on the perceptual learning of speech and non-speech stimuli." View on PubMed
- Jones PR, Moore DR, Amitay S "Development of auditory selective attention: Why children struggle to hear in noisy environments." View on PubMed
- McShefferty D, Whitmer WM, Akeroyd MA "The Just-Noticeable Difference in Speech-to-Noise Ratio." View on PubMed
- Füllgrabe C, Moore BC, Stone MA "Age-group differences in speech identification despite matched audiometrically normal hearing: contributions from auditory temporal processing and cognition." View on PubMed
- Gilbert HJ, Shackleton TM, Krumbholz K, Palmer AR "The neural substrate for binaural masking level differences in the auditory cortex." View on PubMed