Institute of Hearing Research
into hearing and hearing disorders
Neurophysiology and Histology
Neural Correlates and Computation
Auditory Processing and Encoding
Development and Learning
Impairment and Disability
Auditory Processing Disorder
At this month's British Society of Audiology Annual Conference, scientists from IHR won three of the poster prizes.
Johanna Barry and Dave Moore recently completed the development of a new questionnaire for support the assessment of children referred for listening difficulties (auditory processing disorder) and it is now available for purchase.
Date: Midday Monday to midday Tuesday, October 13th and 14th, 2014.
- Brimijoin WO, Whitmer WM, McShefferty D, Akeroyd MA "The effect of hearing aid microphone mode on performance in an auditory orienting task." View on PubMed
- Whitmer WM, Seeber BU, Akeroyd MA "The perception of apparent auditory source width in hearing-impaired adults." View on PubMed
- MacPherson A, Akeroyd MA "Variations in the Slope of the Psychometric Functions for Speech Intelligibility: A Systematic Survey." View on PubMed
- Alves-Pinto A, Palmer AR, Lopez-Poveda EA "Perception and coding of high-frequency spectral notches: potential implications for sound localization." View on PubMed
- Schönwiesner M, Dechent P, Voit D, Petkov CI, Krumbholz K "Parcellation of Human and Monkey Core Auditory Cortex with fMRI Pattern Classification and Objective Detection of Tonotopic Gradient Reversals." View on PubMed
- Adjamian P, Hall DA, Palmer AR, Allan TW, Langers DR "Neuroanatomical abnormalities in chronic tinnitus in the human brain." View on PubMed
- Fletcher MD, Wiggins IM "Can an auditory illusion trick the brain into turning down tinnitus?" View on PubMed